The Executive Committee of the AFA is pleased to announce the position of AFA Ombudsperson (Ombuds). The position will be held by Francine Montemurro, who has over 20 years’ experience as a practicing Ombuds. Francine can be reached at email@example.com. Learn more about the AFA Ombuds here.
The AFA announced the selection of Jon Ingersoll as a member of the AFA Society of Fellows at the annual meeting in San Diego. Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. is the Adrian C. Israel Professor Emeritus of International Trade and Finance at the Yale School of Management. Professor Ingersoll specializes in multiperiod models of asset valuation, including the pricing of options and futures, and the term structure of interest rates. A member of the founding committee of the Society for Financial Studies, he has served as the editor of its Review of Financial Studies as well as associate editor of the Journal of Finance and the Journal of Financial Economics. He is currently an associate editor of the Review of Derivatives Research. Prior to Yale, Professor Ingersoll was at the Graduate School of Business of the University of Chicago.
Congratulations to the officers and directors elected in the AFA 2019 election:
- President: Kenneth Singleton,
- President Elect and 2021 Program Chair: John Graham,
- Vice President: Laura Starks,
- Directors: Ralph Koijen, Gordon Phillips, Manju Puri
The 2019 AFA elections are currently underway. All regular members of the AFA were sent an email with a link to candidate bios and a ballot. If you did not receive your ballot, please email Noelle MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Student Members and Worldwide Directory of Finance members without a paid membership are not eligible to vote.
The AFA 2020 Annual Meeting will be held January 3-5, 2020 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) in San Diego, California.
- AFA sessions will take place at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. ASSA Headquarters will be the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina .
- Registration and Housing will open on September 19th at 11:00 am EDT. Attendees must go through the official housing company to get the convention rates. Registration, housing and other meeting information is on the AEA website.
- View the ASSA Preliminary Program and the AFA Sessions and AFA Ph.D. Student Poster Session.
- NOTE: All decisions regarding Travel Grants and the Ph.D. Student Poster Session have been communicated via email. If you were nominated for a Travel Grant or made a submission to the Ph.D. Student Poster Session and did not receive an email, please contact us at email@example.com.